Asset Management and ISO 55001
Develop organisational and individual capabilities in asset management.
Development and publication of the ISO 55000 series of Asset Management Standards
Melinda is Chair of the Standards Australia MB19 committee and represented Australia on the ISO committee PC251 for the ISO series of Standards 55000, 55001 and 55002 from inception until publication in February 2014. Australian versions of the Standards were issued in November 2014 and are available through Standards Australia.
- Hodkiewicz, M. (2013) ‘The development of ISO 55000 series standards’, WCEAM World Congress of Engineering Asset Management, Hong Kong, October 2013
- Hodkiewicz, M.R. (2013) ‘Asset Management – quo vadis (where are you going)?’ Accepted by the International Journal of Strategic Engineering Asset Management 2014
Executive Education in AM
Melinda has been involved in Executive Education for Asset Managers since 2007. She has worked on in-house courses with Rio Tinto, Barrick Gold, and Defence as well as engaging with a wide range of companies and sectors through open-enrolment programs up until 2013.
- Hodkiewicz, M.R., West, G., Bartlett, N. & Tapsall, S. (2012) Case study: Rio Tinto value and performance improvement, 165-174, ed. C.Lloyd in International Case Studies in Asset Management, ICE Publishing, London.
- Hodkiewicz, M.R. (2012) ‘Designing the Board Game Snakes and Ladders: an analogy for asset management strategy development’, in press with Simulation & Gaming.
Masters of Business and Engineering Asset Management
Melinda developed and led Grad Diploma and Master’s programs in Business and Engineering Asset Management at UWA. This innovative program taught in conjunction with the UWA MBA program developed the skills of working professionals across risk and reliability, managerial and financial dimensions. The program closed to new entries in 2012 due to widespread changes in the UWA structure with respect to postgraduate programs.
- Hodkiewicz MR 2007, ‘Education in Engineering Asset Management’, ICOMS Asset Management Conference – Total Asset Management, Melbourne, May 2007.
Standards Australia http://www.standards.org.au/